Friday

International Angle: Another Black Mark on Religious Rule

This story just baffles me.

I wasn't raised to believe there's one right way to think--about anything.  I also wasn't raised to believe it's my job to punish people on any god's behalf.  I also wasn't raised to believe that someone from another faith has to play by my rules.

This whole thing just feels...wrong.

It also highlights my whole problem with basing a legal code on religious teachings. Any religious teachings.  I don't care if you're Baptist, Buddhist, Mormon, or Muslim--you keep your faith in your temples and out of my courts.

I don't care about your religion, in the most positive way possible.  You do what feeds your spirit, and I won't get in your way.  All I want is the same courtesy--which means I draw the line at legislating faith into my secular code of laws.

It's 2012, ladies and gentlemen.  It's time we got over the idea of a scary creature in the sky ready to punish us for misbehaving.

No comments:

Don't See It? Search it!

Search Results