Wednesday

Voter Registration Confirmation

Sorry for the late post. The day jobs kinda got in the way.

I was going to post a picture of my voter registration confirmation card, and explain it, and maybe even the voter ID laws (which apparantly still give people fits).

But as I'm trying to photoshop some of the more sensitive info out of the picture, I realize they have my name wrong. They put an "A" where there should have been an "O." Meh.

So now we're gonna look at how to fix this instead. Take it as a lesson about checking your confirmation postcard carefully.

Step one is to check out my local board of elections. In this case, it's Franklin County.


Step two is checking to see if I'm registered under my real name or not. I can check my registration by clicking the link on the left hand sidebar.

*searches for name*...

And the search function is apparantly broken, since it asked me to call the office of the Board of Elections. Nice.

I'm assuming I'll need to have my name changed, so I can actually vote without having to cast a provisional ballot. (What's that? A new post topic? Hrm...). When that happens, I'll simply fill out another voter registration form and mail it in.

Of course, I should prolly call the BOE just to be sure.

...And Now for Some News...

McCain and Obama Win Again, from NPR

Family Brings Soldier's Dogs Home, from NPR

Bhutto Widower Rejects Idea of Being Prime Minister, from BBC

Israeli MP Blames Gays for Earthquakes, from BBC

No comments:

Don't See It? Search it!

Search Results