Friday

To Vote or Not to Vote

So the issue is voting in the primary. Because of the Ohio voting laws, I can vote as an independent but will be affiliated with the party I vote with. For example, I want to vote for Obama for the Democratic nomination. That's fine, I can do that. But it makes my party affiliation "Democrat."

My dilemma is I don't want to BE affiliated with a party. Even for the nomination process. My girlfriend made the point today that if I don't vote, I can't complain about who's on the slate.

I usually feel ok complaining, because it's wrapped up long before I could even think about this problem. However, with the way this years race is going Ohio is a key state for the Democratic campaign. Huckabee is still hanging in there, and you should all know my thoughts on Huckabee.

While normally I'm all about the "JUST FRIGGEN VOTE" position, I can't reconcile that with becoming affiliated with a party. I do not want to support a two party system that discourages compromise.

So...I don't know. Part of me wants to vote, since Hilary seems to be making a stand here. Or maybe for McCain, just to make sure it isn't just the Evangelicals in the state (think Gay Marriage Ban) voting.

But there's another part of me that says I don't wanna affiliate with a party, because it's not what I'm all about.

We'll see how these things play out by next Tuesday. Also, now that somehow an "O" in my last name became an "A," I'm not sure I could vote if I wanted to. Meh!

...And Now for Some News...

Mourning for Sugary Refinery Victims, from NPR

Turkish Troops Enter Iraq, from BBC

Ohio Battling Emerald Ash Borer, from WCBE

No comments:

Don't See It? Search it!

Search Results