Monday

Displeasure 3x!

Three things have really, really disturbed me today:
  1. Bush, making a tour of the Middle East with an apparant aim of starting World War Three
  2. Obama, Clinton, and Edwards wasting time on a ridiculous point of history
  3. Blogger not letting me into my account all day for unknown reasons.

First of all, I had to shut off NPR's Morning Edition this morning because of a speech the President made while on his Middle East tour. I couldn't listen to it. He was saying bad things about Iran, and calling on our allies in the area to help stop Iran from doing bad things. Sounds a lot like the run up to a recent unnecessary war. Does Iran sponsor terrorism? Yes. Why? Who cares; it's unacceptable. Is the proper way to deal with it by pissing them off more and instigating war? No. I'd love to see our country try to use actual diplomacy, instead of justifying war in advance. I'll be writing letters over this.

I again killed the radio a couple hours later after listening to coverage on the tiff between Obama and Clinton over who deserves credit for the Civil Rights Act. As soon as I realized Obama was accusing Clinton of downplaying MLK's role in the civil rights act, I shut the radio off. The clip I heard of Hillary's statement praised LBJ, yes. For passing a piece of legislation, which . I didn't hear praise for being the father of the whole movement. Even if she HAD said words to that effect...why would Obama debate such a ridiculous point? Dr. King is the undisputed father of that Act, of the whole movement no less.

I learned in high school that when someone made a ludicrous statement, you ignored it. This would have served both candidates well.

As for Edwards trying to put in his two cents on the issue, I'm not going to touch that. Politicians...really do disgust me.

At this rate, I'll be voting for John McCain.

Blogger? Whatever. I got in at last, and really...it's small potatoes compared to the rest of this.

No comments:

Don't See It? Search it!

Search Results