Monday

Get to Know Your Elected Folks!

Or mine, anyway.


And a side note for anyone who may have been looking for post action this weekend...I don't do that. I've spent just about all my working life to date working weekends, and...I don't anymore. Sorry.

So this week, we're gonna track down and add to the sidebar my elected officials. Because...I'm curious, for one. And it'll make it easier to find and decide on news. Since we've already found the United States Senators from Ohio, now we'll find my Congressman.





  1. Go to http://www.house.gov/. That's the House of Representatives home page. It's got cool stuf, which we'll check out later.

  2. This one is so easy. Look at the upper left hand corner...there's a place that advises you to find your rep by punching in your zip code.

  3. In my case, this brings me to a page where Jean Schmidt (did not get my vote in '06) is shown, as well as the Ohio 2nd District. Jean's name is linked...let's click it!

  4. Now we see her official webpage, with all kindsa neat goodies on it. Including possibly the most important, her contact info. This is important because we'll be discussing how to inform your elected reps when their views are either (a) appropriately reflecting your own or (b) decidedly offensive.


So to my neat lil side bar of knowledge, I'll add a neat lil section for Jean Schmidt.



Tune in tomorrow, when we tackle possibly the most obvious of all, the White House!

Now Some News...

  • Bhutto Vows to Defy Protest Ban, from NPR.
  • Iraq Vet Can't Find Work, from NPR.
  • Hamas Kills 5 at Arafat Rally, from BBC.
  • Cincinnati Library Celebrates Childrens Book Week, from WVXU.

No comments:

Don't See It? Search it!

Search Results