Tuesday

National View: Romney Shown to be Utterly Ignorant

Out of touch doesn't even begin to cover the remarks Romney made at this fundraiser.  The best part of these videos is they show Romney spelling out what he's already made perfectly clear in his policy statements and attacks on Obama--he has no friggen clue what goes on in the real world.

And by the "real world," I mean the world where failure isn't "taking a loss," it's having your electric shut off.  It's the world where you get up, every day, put 120% into your job, and still get passed over for that promotion and then downsized for arbitrary reasons.  Where even if you manage to get that college degree, the odds are the only thing you'll get from it are crippling debts.

It's also the real world where Israel can destroy your home for no reason.  Where you can't get enough food for your family because Israel has blockaded your country for a conflict you have nothing to do with.  Where a few radicals on both sides keep a devastating conflict going for decades, making the suffering at large continue indefinitely.

Mitt Romney does NOT live in the same world I live in.  He doesn't live in the world anyone I know lives in. I've barely heard of anyone who lives in his world.  And he says, point blank, he doesn't care about me.  Doesn't care about my fiance.  Doesn't care about any of the people I care about.

I'd take George W. Bush back before I accepted Romney at the head of my great nation.  I can't sling dirtier mud than that.

Videos are at Mother Jones, specifically the 47% and two-state solution.

No comments:

Don't See It? Search it!

Search Results