Friday

A Round Up?

Here are a few of the stories I found interesting on the some Ohio blogs I've started following in the past couple weeks.

Over at Ohio Daily Blog there's a story all about Jennifer Brunner's proposed election reforms, based on her review of the 2008 election. Check it out!

Also at Ohio Daily Blog there's a report that Hamilton County Commissioner David Pepper is considering a run for the State Auditor position...after his showing in the 2006 Commissioner race, I think he could have an interesting career!

@ Porkopolis I found an interesting editorial defending torture as a limited use tool in our immune system. I'm not sure it's wrong, but I'm far from certain it's right.

Bret Thompson at Progress Ohio gave us an update on a grass roots effort to restore funding for the Ohio Historical Society to the budget.

Also at Progress Ohio, Dave Harding had a story on Obama signing the Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act. I think this is a very worthy bill, fitting of the times...good to see it being reported on!

Last but not least, @ Writes Like She Talks Jill Miller Zimon has a very justified about the apparant lack of concern for women in Ohio, the only state in the Union without any organization on record.

And that's all the reading I feel like linking to! I'm sure once you follow these, you can find plenty more to tickle your fancy.

See ya next week!

No comments:

Don't See It? Search it!

Search Results