Monday

Latest Headlines...

Latest Headlines, from the Columbus Dispatch, as of 344pm Sunday, 4/5/09:

Man Dead, Woman Injured in Eastside Shooting
Man Killed in Shooting in East Side Alley
2 OSU Students Robbed at Gunpoint Near Campus
Man's Body Found on Westside Lawn

What the hell? Is this really the uptick in violent headlines I think it is? I'm used to seeing one every couple days, but three in one? Is this spring fever gone bad?

And it also makes me think...for each one of these that hits the news, how many others don't? I can't even wrap my head around a life where this sort of stuff is the the norm. I also can't wrap my head around how many people can't imagine a life where it ISN'T the norm. What's it gonna take till we figure out a way to get along without killing each other?

No comments:

Don't See It? Search it!

Search Results