Thursday

Merry Christmas!

And by saying that, I'm not telling you to be a Christian. To be totally honest, I don't really identify myself as such. I've yet to find a religion that rings all of my bells, so I'd choose "unaffiliated" in my box.

That being said, I do hope you have/had a Merry Christmas, regardless of whether or not you celebrated a certain baby's birth. Growing up, the only really religious signs of the holiday was the old nativity scene my mother has...and really, let's be honest: those things are more dolls than anything else. Fun to play with and position.

Christmas was about going to see family we probably hadn't seen since (maybe) my sister and I's October birthdays. It was about presents. And the excitement of those presents. It was about eggnog, and cookies, and one year it was ALL about making chocolate candies. It was about a couple of days of the family just hanging out together.

So if it really offends you that I'm wishing that on you...well hell, I'm sorry. I'm not sure why, but I am.

And if it offends someone else that I'm not mention midnight mass, or praying to the Son, or however one is supposed to render proper respects, please remember that's your bag, not mine.

No comments:

Don't See It? Search it!

Search Results