Friday

A Closer Look at Obama

Now to look at Barack Obama. I'm currently very disappointed in Obama, since his campaign failed to act on my Myspace friend request. I gave them a lil over three weeks, and they muffed it. So it's cancelled. HA!


Education: Obama seems to have his head on straight when it comes to education. He talks about performance pay, better respect, a sense of urgency, and keeping life long education affordable. I can get behind all that.


Diplomacy: This is a good run down on Obama's foreign policy. Essentially, I see the opposite of the cowboy diplomacy going on here. Phrases like "learn from the past" and "understanding the non-Western world" give me hope.


Bipartisanship: Obama has been big on this issue. The biggest sign of it that I've seen is the fact his health care plan doesn't include a mandate (a horror to the right wing) except where children are concerned. That's a compromise position, and I think it's something we should admire.


War in Iraq: He didn't vote for the war, wanted to finish Afghanistan instead (what a novel concept!). He plans on having all but a token force out by 16 months into his administration, with only embassy protection and al-Qaeda hunters left (no permanent military presence). Check it out.


...And Now for Some News...

White House Unveils Plan for Credit Crisis, from NPR

Fire In Lhasa as a Result of Tibet Protests, from BBC

Blue Jackets Still in Playoff Running, from WCBE

No comments:

Don't See It? Search it!

Search Results